Thursday, January 31, 2013

Nicki Minaj MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick 2013 Swatches/Review

             Hey everyone, Today I stopped by my local MAC store to check out the new release of Nicki Minaj's new lipstick for the 2013 Viva Glam campaign. As most of you know Nicki released a Viva Glam lipstick last year for 2012. The colors are not similar at all , Nicki definitely switched it up with this new color and gave us a pale lavender for the new year. You can also get the matching lipglass to go with this but I decided to skip out on it for now. The price of this lipstick is $15.00 and all the proceeds go to the MAC Aids fund. You can purchase this lipstick at any MAC counter, store and also on www.maccosmetics.com The lipstick is going to be permanent for one year only.






Viva Glam Nicki 2- Pale Lavender Pink


With flash



Natural lighting outside

Viva Glam Nicki 2 swatched


Comparisons
From left to right
Lime Crime D'Lilac, MAC Quite Cute, MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2, MAC Fashion Mews

Comparisons
From Left to Right
Lime Crime D'Lilac, MAC Quite Cute, MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2, MAC Fashion Mews



Viva Glam Nicki 2 is a pale Lavender with strong undertones of pink. In the tube it looks more lavender but when applied on the lips you can see more pink tones as well as a little bit of grey tones. Because the lipstick is pale their is a slight grey-ish undertone to it which most pale colors seem to have, but its not very noticeable. Its definitely a very unique color. MAC has never released a color like this nor have I seen a company sell a lipstick this color. I think she did a great job coming up with a unique lavender lipstick. As for if it being flattering for most skin tones? I think for most skin tones between light- medium  would look good with the lipstick on its own ,but for women with warmer skin tones it can look a little ashy due to its paleness, but with the right lip liners and glosses, I think it can work on just about anybody! As you can see I compared it to my other lilac/lavender colors and it doesn't really compare to them. The only one it comes close to is MAC's Fashion Mews (Hello Kitty Collection) and that lipstick has a lot more pink undertones and is sheer. Its does not compare to my lilac lipsticks at all (The color lilac has more blue and grey undertones to it). The formula of the lipstick is an Amplified which means its very opaque and glides on creamy with a subtle sheen. The lipstick went on smoothly and opaque (which is why Amplified is one of my favorite finishes from MAC!)  its not drying on the lips and doesn't seep into the fine lines on my lips. All in all, I think she did a great job choosing the color, its a very unique shade of lavender. I think its definitely one to check out if you like lavender lipsticks. I am a huge fan of lilac/lavender lips so I am already loving this color! Its going to be a perfect color to wear for this upcoming Spring/Summer. The Nicki Minaj MAC collaboration never lets me down, the lipstick colors that she releases are always beautiful and look great on all skin tones! 

I hope you girls enjoyed this review and let me know what you think about the new color! 
-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting such lovely swatches and comparisons! I want Viva Glam Nicki 2 but I was afraid it was too similar to Fashion Mews, which I already own. Now that I see VGN2 is much more purple, I'm going to get it! The color looks lovely with your skin tone, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I'm glad you found my review helpful! I would say to definitely get Viva Glam Nicki 2, it's an amazing color! :)

      Delete