Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dupe Alert! Rimmel London Scandal Eyes pencil in Nude vs MAC Chromeagraphic pencil

Hey girls!, as most of you know I love to use nude liner in my waterline, its a must have for me! I'm always on the lookout for a dupe to my favorite nude pencil which is by MAC that is more affordable and everybody could get their hands on. Finally I found one that's affordable and you can find at the drugstore! (And its also made by one of my favorite brands, Rimmel!) 

Rimmel just launched new pencils to add to their line and the one I was most excited for was the nude liner. I love nude liner, it's perfect to brighten up the eyes and make them look more awake without looking harsh like a white liner would. My Favorite nude pencil is from MAC, its called Chromeagraphic pencil. Unfortunately, not many people could get their hands on it since its a MAC Pro product. Its great to see a drugstore brand make a product that you only see higher-end brands make and at an affordable price. 




Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Kohl pencil -005 Nude

The pencil is very creamy, and goes on very opaque especially since its a kohl pencil. Rimmel makes amazing liners very comparable to MAC and Urban Decay. The color is more of a peachy nude which I think is more flattering and would look great on any skin tone. It has warmer tones to it than cool so it wont look too bright, it would give the right amount of color and brightness. 


MAC Chromeagraphic pencil- NC15/NW20

The MAC Chromeagraphic pencil is by far one of my favorites pencils. I use this everyday to brighten up my face and make me look more awake. I purchased mine from a limited edition collection which is why the packaging looks different from what they look like now. This is now a MAC Pro product, you can purchase this pencil from MAC Pro stores or by calling MAC Pro. So its a little difficult to get this product. This does come in several shades that match different skin tones, I have the lightest one. This is a concealer pencil, so its very similar to the MAC concealers texture and tone. This is more yellow than the Rimmel pencil, but keep in mind it has the same undertones as the MAC foundations and concealers.


On the top MAC Chromeagraphic pencil NC15/NW20
On the bottom Rimmel London Scandal Eyes 005 Nude

From left to right
MAC Chromeagraphic pencil NC15/NW20
Rimmel Scandal Eyes 005 Nude

Time to compare the two!

The Rimmel pencil definitely goes on a lot more smoother than the MAC pencil, but doesn't last as long in the waterline due to the smoothness. The MAC pencil is more of a drier consistency ( but its still creamy) because it is a concealer pencil so it lasts a lot more longer in the waterline. The colors are a bit different but their still both in the nude family. If you have a darker skin tone, The MAC pencil does come in darker shades, as for the Rimmel pencil their is only one shade, but because of the peach undertones in the rimmel pencil it does suit all skin tones! The price point for the two is totally different. The MAC Chromeagrahic pencil retails for $15 as the Rimmel Scandal Eyes pencil retails for $5 at my local drugstore. That's more than half! Although they might not be the same tone, they both do the same job amazingly! I definitely recommend the Rimmel pencil if you are looking for a more affordable alternative. If you never tried a nude pencil in your waterline definitely give it a try you'll love it! 



I hope you girls enjoyed this dupe alert and let me know if you've tried nude liner! 
-Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment