Saturday, September 28, 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Fall Collection 2013 Review/ Swatches and Dupes!



Hey Everyone!,

Its that time again! Yes, another collection with Rihanna and MAC for the third installment in the four- part collaboration. This was the most hyped, most awaited for, and my personal favorite, The RiRi Hearts MAC Fall Collection. I have been most excited for this collection ever since the pics came out earlier this year. And finally, it has launched! What I was excited for the most is the beautiful mirrored Rose Gold packaging. It's amazing and I'm in love!

The collection launched September 26th in MAC stores only. I didn't go first thing in the morning, but thankfully, when I went the products I wanted weren't sold out.

The collection launches online September 30th and everywhere else October 3rd.

Unfortunately, I was a tad bit disappointed with the colors of the collection. My reason for this is because I feel like the colors in this collection are very similar to colors we've already seen MAC come out with in other collections, and in their permanent line. I wished this collection had colors that were unique and colors we haven't seen, like in the first two collections MAC did with Rihanna. Those colors were ones I didn't have in my collection, so they were a must have for me. I also skipped out on most of the collection because I already owned a lot of similar, if not exact colors, so I didn't feel I needed most of the products. Also, in this collection, there are products that are permanent and again, very dupable. So out of the whole collection, I only got two products that I thought stood out to me the most. Don't get me wrong, I love the collection. If I didn't own similar colors, I would've bought most of the collection. But I have so many similar products, so it felt unnecessary to buy more of the same colors. I do have dupes for those of you who weren't able to get the collection or just want some alternatives.


The first product I bought is the Blush Duo in Hibiscus Kiss. This was a Re- Promote from her summer collection and I'm glad I didn't buy it then, Because now I have it in the beautiful Rose Gold Packaging!


How amazing is that packaging!?! As you can see, it has her infamous "R" and her signature on top.

*Without flash*
* With Flash*
It also has her signature on the bronzer portion.

I have to say, I love this product! I was a little scared at first because I thought the bronzer was going to be a little too orange for my skin tone. Surprisingly, it isn't that bad! Its more warmer toned than my usual contour color, but it doesnt look muddy or orange on me at all. I think this is going to look even more amazing on me in the summer time with a tan. The blush is beautiful as well. When I first saw it in person, it reminded me of NARS Orgasm. Unfortunately I don't own it to compare, but from swatching the blush, I think its more pigmented and brighter than NARS Orgasm, and less sparkle. The bronzer and the blush have a subtle gold sheen to them which I don't mind since its very sheer and it actually adds a nice shine to the skin. Like I said, the blush is pigmented, so definitely use a light hand if you are on the fairer side. This blush duo would look amazing on every skin tone! Especially tan to dark skin tones! I mostly got this product for the packaging, but the product is just as amazing! Probably won't use this as much once Winter comes, but definitely Summer.

The blush duo retails for $29.00


The next product I got is actually a back up for me because I love it that much!
I got another RiRi Woo because it is a gorgeous red. I still love Ruby Woo and still use it but RiRi Woo is much more brighter and bluer based. I already have a review/ swatches and comparison on RiRi Woo.  You can check it out Here



The lipstick packaging has her infamous "R" and her signature on top.

* Without flash*

*With flash*
The Lipstick also has her signature engraved in it.

I love this color, it's a beautiful red. If you missed out on this color in the past collections and if you don't have Ruby Woo, this is a must have product from the collection!

The lipstick retails for $16.50

From left to right
RiRi Woo, Hibiscus Kiss blush duo

Here are the swatches of both products.





Now onto the dupes! Like I said there was a lot of dupable products. When swatching the collection. I noticed that most popular from the collection, and what I originally wanted, "Talk That Talk" was very dupable. I expected that lipstick to be a lot more vampy and dark almost a smoked purple/ black color, and when swatched, it looked like a deepened Wine/ Burgundy. In the packaging, it looks darker than it actually is as well. I was very disappointed with that color. On Rihanna It looks amazing! And it looks much more darker on her which is what I thought it was going to look like. Similar colors to Talk That Talk lipstick are: Revlon Black Cherry, MAC Diva, MAC Prince Noir, Rimmel Londons' Kate Moss lipstick in 107. Colors that are similar to how it looks on Rihanna: Rimmel London's Kate Moss lipstick in 04, MAC Cyber, MAC Mattene lipstick in Bing, MAC Faultlessly F/W.
Might not be exact, and textures do change the color, but very similar.

 The Talk That Talk lip liner looked darker than the lipstick, so I was going to get that instead, and something told me to swatch MAC's Nightmoth next to it. Identical. They look exactly the same! The only difference is the name and the finish since the Rihanna Lip pencils are Pro Long wear lip pencils. So I skipped completely on those two.

The other lipstick colors are not very complementing for my skin tone. "Nude" was another dupeable color. To Me, it reminded me a lot of Rimmel London's Kate Moss lipstick in 14. Rimmel's lipstick is a bit more pinkier than Rihanna's Nude but its a more flattering brownish Nude for more fair skin tones since Nude is a very brown, nude color. 

So all in all, the collection is something you need to see in person to swatch and see whats right for you and what colors you feel you need to have in your collection. For the hundredth time, love the packaging! They get an A+ from me! I'm very happy with the products I got and think they were worth it. 

Did you get anything from the collection? What are your thoughts on the collection?

I hope you enjoyed this review! :)

-Amanda

Twitter: @AMANDAIIZASTARR
Instagram: @MakeupbyAmandaH



No comments:

Post a Comment